Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Miracle!

Hank took a final exam today and received a "fantastic"....I am so proud, but not as proud as the events that followed this accomplishment.


{Story originally told by Hank, summarized by the only person that will write blog posts}

"As I was walking down the ramp to my car, I caught a snake! I was so excited so I grabbed it to bring home to my family. After a few steps I thought to myself 'who will this make happy?' and put it back into the brush."

This little story may not seem like a big deal to you. But to me? It represents 2 years of trying to teach Hank that what makes him happy is often torture to me, that we speak different "love" languages. Also, I am not and never will be a boy, no matter how hard he tries to convince me to love fast cars, slimy creatures, loud noise, and filthy things. So, I assure you the thought process that occurred today is a big deal.

Let the record show... my nagging has paid off.

3 Words from the Wise:

Jaclyn said...

Super cute story! :)

barb said...

What a milestone! We coudln't be prouder. Almost brought tears to my eyes...of laughter.

Steph and Jared said...

Lucky for him and you;) that soon there will be another boy in your cute little family.