Last week while playing the Birthday fairy, I had a bit of an accident. Its taken me a few days to be able to write about it since thinking about it makes me dry heave. Sound dramatic? Wait till it happens to you. Then you'll understand.
I was rushing after work to make it to Target, the cupcake store, the party store, etc. As I unloaded my cart from Target, I realized some party supplies were in the front seat for Hank to see. With the trunk still open, I thought I would go to the front seat and grab them to hide. While in the front seat, I decided to put my purse down on the chair. I ran back to the trunk, threw the party banner inside and slammed it shut. Only problem was that my hand was it in. Closed. Shut. Hurting like hell. I started panicking. I immediately thought to myself, "How will I get my hand out of the trunk?" Typical answer, "Unlock the trunk with the keys! [non-strategically located in the front seat of the car!]
I glanced around the parking lot to see a woman a few rows away getting in her car. I yelled for her to help, but since I was panicking, I made no sense at all. After a few very long seconds of confusion, she ran over and grabbed my purse. Naturally, she started digging for my keys in my suitcase sized purse (I still love it mom, thank you!) Fortunately, my trunk detects the keys so all she needed to do was throw my purse my way so I could get my hand out. Explaining this in my state probably took longer than her just finding the keys! :)
This woman saved my finger. Magically, it is still intact! She starting to freak out and wanted to drive me to the ER. I have never felt so dumb in my life. Who shuts their hand in the trunk? And don't obstructions typically prohibit the trunk from closing?! Ironically, I backed into a car a few months ago which has significantly affected the trunk's ability to shut. Not this day. It shut just fine and very quickly. Two slams weren't necessary. I will never forget the feeling of metal, bone, metal. Yuck.
I think I will go puke.


I will be going to the Health Center tomorrow per Barbie's orders given days ago. Mobility seems to be more of an issue than I expected and its numb and tingly. This is the last thing I have time for but it significantly affects my ability to type :)
5 Words from the Wise:
Oh Katie I am so sad about your little finger! Usually post with that title are about Hank and not you. I hope your finger gets better soon...I so enjoy your blog.
Ugh, I'm so sorry! That looks like it really hurts!!! Save your typing for your blog, and make sure not to waste any efforts on class notes. How often can you use a medical excuse to not take notes in class?
Oh my goodness you poor thing! Totally sounds like something I would do. You didn't say anything at the party, you must have been recovering from the trauma.
That sounds pretty bad (and will, eventually, be funny!). Hope it starts feeling better soon.
Doesn't look that bad to me.
dad
Post a Comment