Sunday, October 11, 2009

Good Boy, Hank!

Thursdays are my busiest day. See schedule below. I dread the inevitable all week long.


9-5: Work at LHF & think of all the things I need to be doing for school
5:30: Meet Hank and George at home for dinner, naturally made by me
6:15: Meet Accounting buddies in Tanner parking lot for carpool
6:30-7:30: Drive to SLC
7:40-10:00: Accounting class w/ EMPA students
10:00-11:00: Drive back to Tanner parking lot to retrieve car
11:00-11:15: Return home to Hank and George

This Thursday when I got home from work, I couldn't find my boys. Hank took part of the day off to "rebuild" his relationship with George. After the battle (see previous post), George was not exactly happy with Hank's decision to THROW him outside. Neither was I. Kind of a touchy subject, clearly. Hank took George to PetSmart to buy him a new carrot toy and get on his good side. I could hear them trying to be sneaky and quiet and found them in my closet.
After a few minutes of cuddling with George, I noticed he had a dog tag on! I made fun of Hank for trying to buy the dog's love back, and complained that I never get anything like that. (For example, my diamond wedding ring has been sitting in the toothbrush drawer for months now, in need of a visit to Jared's!) As I continued to complain/make obvious suggestions for nice things Hank could do for me...he walked away and came back with a "present" for me! My wedding ring!


I am so happy Hank spent the day trying to mend bridges :)



2 Words from the Wise:

Kathryn e. said...

You have one very nice husband! Lucky girl!

barb said...

Oh, Hankie you are "golden."